12 October 2010
Posted in Site News
We have a couple of hardware items up for review from the kind people at Kanex. This article is a "Call for Reviewers" and an opportunity for you to get your hands on a great piece of audio video hardware and write a review for NZMac.com. There are two devices that are up for review...
iAdapt HDMI V2
This Mini DisplayPort (http://kanexlive.com/products/iAdaptV2.html) is a miniaturised version of DisplayPort technology commonly found on Apple computers. The latest Mac models are equipped with Mini DisplayPort connectors that can now support both video and audio output. The iAdapt HDMI V2 has been engineered to support full 1080p HD video output and audio to a single HDMI cable.
Kanex iAdapt HDMI V2 will allow you to connect a Mini DisplayPort equipped Apple computer to any HDMI enabled external display such as an HD projector, monitor, or HDTV. Connect with iAdapt HDMI V2 to extend your Mac desktop onto a secondary display or use it in mirror mode for presentation and viewing purposes. With a sleek design and user-friendly functionality, this adapter will meet every connectivity need and expectation.
All the reviewer is required to have is a newer Mac model with mini displayport audio support and an HDMI enabled display such as HDTV, HD monitor, or projector.
Turn your Apple iMac 27 inch or Apple LED Cinema Display (27" flat panel) into a HDTV with the Kanex XD (http://kanexlive.com/products/kanexXD.html). Connect and play Blu-Ray DVD, PS3, and Xbox games at HD format. Fully utilize the backlit LED display to work and play hard. Audio pass through is enabled for a full screen HD experience.
The XD requires an iMac 27" or the new Apple LED Cinema Display 27" and a gaming console such as PS3, Xbox or a blu-ray player.
Call for reviewers
If you are interested in writing the review...
- In the email, please put your name, your postal address (which must be in New Zealand) an indication of which device you would like to review and please confirm you have all the hardware needed to test the device
You have until 9pm on Friday October 22, 2010 to email me.
Once the reviewers are selected and announced, I will arrange for the devices to be sent to you. Once they arrive, you'll then be expected to complete a review of 600-900 words within two weeks. You'll then forward your comments to NZMac.com along with any screen shots you can provide. The information and images will then be used to create a review of the product under your name.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me. Do not express interest in writing the review in the forum, but to me via email.
- A New Zealand postal address must be supplied in the application process
- The review is to be 600 to 900 words in length and should include 2 - 4 images as attachments. These can be submitted as email, or attached to an email as a Word, Pages, text or Appleworks document. Images should not be reduced in size or quality, but should be cropped to remove unwanted parts and attached separately.
- The review is expected within two weeks of receiving the hardware
- The review must include a rating out of 5 for each of the following:
- Installation & Documentation
- Ease of use
- Value for money
- Submissions must be entirely your own work and must not breach copyright or intellectual property rights in any way.
- If you are not a registered user of the site, you will be required to register so that the review can be assigned to your user name
- By your submission you confirm that you have no association or financial involvement in the product being reviewed.
- By your submission you grant NZMac.com exclusive publishing of the review for a minimum of one month
- By your submission you grant NZMac.com the right to make publicly available the submitted content as they see fit and (with permission from NZMac.com) for third parties to display your review on their site
- NZMac.com reserves the right to edit articles and reviews. In most cases, this will be done in consultation with the original author.
- Material submitted is not fact-checked for content accuracy and NZMac.com is not responsible for inaccuracies in the content contained in the article.
- By agreeing to undertake the review, you assume the risk of any and all damage or loss from use, or inability to use the product.
- Anyone who fails to complete the application process will not be considered
- All information submitted by users will be deleted at the end of the review process